Child Immersion Alarm
A last layer of protection for children near water
Safety Turtle provides continuous protection to the wearer. A loud alarm instantly sounds at the Base Station when the Turtle is immersed in water. The alarm continues to sound until it is reset. This continuous protection compares to water disturbance pool alarms which are deactivated (and reactivated) by whoever uses or cleans the pool or spa. This distinction is vital because toddler accidents often occur when a pool or spa area is left unsecured or when adults are in attendance.
A Safety Turtle personal alarm can also accompany a child on vacation or on visits to a boat, cottage or another pool, where unfamiliar surroundings and less security add risk.
A standard child immersion alarm system consists of:
- One or more Turtle Wristbands of the SAME color* including a 7.8 inch (20 cm.) locking wristband, key and matching "baby Turtle" coding plug for Base Station (or if a Pet Kit is chosen, 5" long, 3/4" wide velcro strap will be included instead of a wristband. The Velcro strap can be attached to your pet's collar.)
- A Standard Base Station
(Gate alarm accessory sold separately).
Multiple wristbands must be of the same color in order to work with a single base station.
- Child or Pet
- Colors - blue, green, yellow, red
Additional information is available on using your Child Immersion Alarm at pools & spas
, in boating
and on shorelines / coastlines
The following accessories are available. Click to obtain additional information.
Security System Integration / Commercial / Extended Range Options
A Standard System will meet most applications. However, there are a number of usage situations where a Commercial/Extended Range System may be required. Check below before finalizing your product choice.
- Desired alarm location is more than 150 ft. (45 m.) from immersion location or 50 ft. (15 m.) from a salt chlorinated pool.
- Alarming must occur both poolside and in the residence, as stipulated in ASTM Standard Specification for Pool Alarms F2208-02.
- Alarm must be louder than 110 decibels, to be heard throughout the residence or outside.
- The alarm must be communicated electronically, e.g., to home alarm, strobe light indicator, etc.
Click here for more information.
Unique features in the design of Safety Turtle address your water safety concerns and make it easy to use with your child(ren):
- Safety Turtle works with ALL Fresh Water, natural [lake, river and pond] or man made [pool, hot tub and pond].
- For use with salt water, see Safety Turtle and Salt Water
- No installation required.
- Quick set up and test.
- A loud alarm instantly sounds at the Base Station when the Turtle is immersed in water. The alarm continues to sound until it is reset.
- Rain or light spray won't trigger the alarm.
- Children enjoy wearing the colorful Turtle Wristbands.
- The Turtle Wristband locks securely around a child's wrist, using the key provided.
- The Turtle is permanently sealed and rugged to withstand children's play.
- The Turtle has a battery life of 3 – 4 years
- A child wearing his/her Turtle is protected even while the pool is in use or is being cleaned. There is no need to ever “turn off” the system.
- No installation at the pool is required.
- Safety Turtle is easily portable, and with the Turtle Power battery pack / weatherproof bag accessory, can be used anywhere.
- The alarm volume can be reduced temporarily for testing.
- The Turtle(s) can be tested for low battery.
- The Safety Turtle system can be progressively expanded through the purchase of additional sensors(s) of the same color.
- The Turtle helps you teach your child water safety.
- By using different colors of Turtle, neighbors can enjoy the benefits of Safety Turtle without triggering each other's alarms.
- Unlike other pool alarms, Safety Turtle can alert if your child falls in an immediate neighbor's pool, spa or pond.
The Child Immersion Alarm may also be used in conjunction with the Wireless Gate Alarm which helps enhance the security of a safety fence. The Wireless Gate Alarm will work with the same Base Station.
|Safety Turtle is not a substitute for diligent supervision or an adequate barrier to restrict the access of children to water hazards.
No information available at this time. Feel free to contact us for further information
One Base Station
One AC Power Adapter
One Turtle on Wristband (select color below) (or if a Pet Kit is chosen, 5" long, 3/4" wide velcro strap will be included instead of a wristband. The Velcro strap can be attached to your pet's collar.)
Need more options? Can’t find a kit that fits your needs? Try our Build your own kit page. Click here to try it!