The Safety Turtle wireless gate alarm enhances the security of a safety fence. A gate alarm reinforces the weakest link of a pool or property fence, the gate latch, which is subject to mechanical deterioration and occupant and visitor interaction.
Alarming occurs if a child succeeds in unlatching the gate, if the gate fails to re-latch after adult entry, or if a child wearing a Turtle wristband - see Child Immersion Alarm - goes in the water.
A standard wireless gate alarm consists of:
- One or more gate alarm sensors of the same color
- A "baby Turtle" coding plug for Base Station
- A Standard Base Station
Security System Integration / Commercial / Extended Range Options
A Standard System will meet most applications. However, there are a number of usage situations where a Commercial/Extended Range System may be required. Check below before finalizing your product choice.
- Desired alarm location is more than 150 ft. (45 m.) from immersion location or 50 ft. (15 m.) from a salt chlorinated pool.
- Alarming must occur both poolside and in the residence, as stipulated in ASTM Standard Specification for Pool Alarms F2208-02.
- Alarm must be louder than 110 decibels, to be heard throughout the residence or outside.
- The alarm must be communicated electronically, e.g., to home alarm, strobe light indicator, etc.
Contact us for more information.
The Safety Turtle wireless gate alarm offers many unique security and convenience features:
- It’s wireless, which allows you to decide where alarming occurs, within 250 ft. [75 m.] of gate. Other systems alarm only at the gate, where you may not hear it.
- The adult bypass switch on top of the unit means the Safety Turtle gate sensor never has to be disarmed. It provides an 11 second entry time so the alarm sounds on child entry but not on adult entry.
- Entry time can be extended by holding or repeatedly depressing the switch within 11 seconds.
- LED on sensor illuminates during bypass period. It also confirms battery is functioning.
- Alarm qualified to operate in weather year-round.
- The alarm volume can be reduced temporarily for testing.
- Replaceable sensor battery [included] lasts 30,000 entries.
- Simple sensor low battery test.
- The Safety Turtle system can be progressively expanded through the purchase of additional sensors(s) of the same color.
- By using different colors of Turtle, neighbors can enjoy the benefits of Safety Turtle without triggering each other's alarms.
The Wireless Gate Alarm may be used in conjunction with the Child/Pet Immersion Alarm, which provides continuous protection of the wearer. Turtle Wristbands and a Wireless Gate Alarm of the same color, can share the same Base Station.
|Safety Turtle is not a substitute for diligent supervision or an adequate barrier to restrict the access of children to water hazards.
No information available at this time. Feel free to contact us for further information
One Wireless Gate Alarm Sensor
One Base Station
One Base Station Plug
Need more options? Can’t find a kit that fits your needs? Try our Build your own kit page. Click here to try it!