DIY SmartThings Water Shutoff System
- Features/ Specs
- Manuals / Downloads
- Also Bought
Want to monitor and control your home or office water supply from anywhere. Our DIY SmartThings water shutoff system is exactly what you are looking for. You can setup water sensors throughout the home or office to automatically trigger the valve to close by creating a scene on your SmartThings hub, or manually open and close the valve through the SmartThings app. The sensors can be set to trigger the valve to close based on the presence of water or for low temperatures. You can also setup the SmartThings to send you a text message or push notification when an alarm is triggered, and you can setup multiple contacts to receive each alert.
- Connect wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and make them work together.
- Monitor and control connected devices in your home using a single SmartThings app for iPhone or Android.
- Control connected devices in your home with voice commands using SmartThings and Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
- For more information please visit the SmartThings Hub page.
Shutoff Valve Features
- WV-01 uses a motorized ball valve that automatically turns off the main water supply when a leak or overflow is detected
- Contains a brass valve with commercial grade seats and seals
- Comes in standard pipe sizes (1/2" and 1 1/4")
- For more information please visit the Fortrezz Shutoff Valve page.
Water Sensor Features
- Sensors are Battery or VDC powered. When connected to an external, VDC power source, the battery serves as an emergency power source
- Water Sensors also monitor temperature and can trigger an alert and shut the valve if the temperature gets too cold.
- For more information please visit the Fibaro Water Sensor page.