DIY SmartThings Home Security System
- Features/ Specs
- Manuals / Downloads
- Also Bought
Do you want to make your home more secure and fucntional? With the DIY SmartThings Home Security System you can now secure and monitor your home from anywhere. You can receive alerts to multiple users via text message or push notification when an alarm is triggered. You can also arm and disarm the system through the SmartThings app. This kit will be able to alert you to doors or windows being opened, motion inside your home or office, and also for temperature being out of range.
If you upgrade to the Advanced kit you can use the included door lock to allow access for contractors to work in the house by providing them with their own code for the door lock so you can confirm when they were there, and then remove the code once the work is done so they no longer have access. This can also be used for your children so you do not have to worry about sending them to school with keys since they will just need to know their code to get into the house after school. You can also use the included IP camera to check in on your home and loved ones when you are away.
With the Ultimate kit you will have additional door and motion sensors and as well as lamp control modules to help make your home more secure and functional. This will allow you to setup scenes so that you can have the lights turn on when the door is unlocked so you can see when you come home, or when a motion sensor detects movement to scare any intruders.
- Connect wirelessly with a wide range of smart devices and make them work together.
- Monitor and control connected devices in your home using a single SmartThings app for iPhone or Android.
- Control connected devices in your home with voice commands using SmartThings and Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
- For more information please visit the SmartThings Hub page.
Door/Window Sensor Features
- Suitable for monitoring almost any open/close object
- Easily mounts with double-sided tape or screws
- Tamper button detects removal or tampering
- For more information please visit the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor page.
Motion Sensor Features
- Easy installation without drilling and cabling
- Detects motion, controls lighting, and measures the rooms' temperature
- When connected with a Z-Wave system, will send movement and temperature notifications
- For more information please visit the Fibaro Multisensor page.
- Extends the range of existing Z-Wave devices in the mesh network by acting as a signal repeater.
- Tamper proof. Uses 9V batter backup to sound alarm if AC power is disconnected / cut.
- Includes "Siren Only", "Strobe Only" and "Siren/Strobe" Modes
- Siren is >110dB @ 1m
- For more information please visit the FortrezZ Siren/Strobe page.
Schlage Door Lock
- Confirm the status of your Wireless Keypad Lock from anywhere with any Internet-enabled computer and most Internet-enabled cell phones
- Uses 128 bit AES encryption for security
- Remotely lock or unlock the door
- Assign up to 19 personalized 4 digit codes for each member of your household to use at the door
- For more information please visit the Schlage Lock page.
IP Camera Features
- 480 SD Resolution (MJPEG 15fps)
- 640 x 480 Pixels (300k Pixels)
- Built-in Microphone
- IR Night Vision, up to 20 feet
- For more information please visit the Vera VistaCam page.
Plug In Module Features
- Includes pass through plug
- Supports load sensing
- Supports Z-Wave 40Kbps speeds
- For more information please visit the Appliance Module page.