Watts FloodSafe Water Heater Leak Detector And Shutoff - Lead Free
Click video link below to see how it works!
- Comparison / Tutorials
- Manuals / Downloads
Series WDS Floodsafe Water Detector Shutoff is a safety valve that protects the home or business owner from catastrophic damage due to a water heater leak. The Series WDS detects the presence of water on the floor (or in a drain pan) beneath the water heater and automatically shuts off the water supply and power source to the water heater
- Testable and Resettable: The FloodSafe Water Detector Shutoff can be easily reset by the contractor, home or business owner or plumbing inspector to assure proper operation.
- Easily installed on new or existing water heaters.
- No special piping is required.
- Supplied with a Water Dam for concrete, linoleum, tile or other hard surface flooring.
- Sized for 3⁄4 " or 1" (20 or 25mm) water supply lines.
- Secure interlocking connector cables are unique to each connecting device.
- Powered by a safe low-voltage power supply that plugs into a standard 120 VAC wall outlet and is wired using standard thermostat cable (supplied by installer).
- Employs state-of-the-art water detection technology (no terminals to corrode or to impair operation).
- Provides contacts for monitored alarm detection systems.
- Power Cutout Modules for the standing pilot gas fired water heaters retain thermocouple circuit in the event of momentary power outage.
Maximum Pressure: - 150psi (10.3 bar)
Maximum Temperature: - 210°F (99°C)
120 VAC, 70mA, 60Hz
Current draw: 50mA
Maximum Electric Water Heater current rating: 30 A
The Control Unit which houses the circuitry for the operation of the valve contains an interlocking connection for the water detector pad, the power supply, remote alarm and power cutout module.
Water Detector pad
The Water Detector Pad lays flat on the floor or in a water heater drip pan. The pad employs state-of-the-art sensing technology. There are no terminals to rust or corrode assuring years of maintenance free operation.
The rubber Water Dam can be easily placed around the perimeter of the water heater and cut to the proper length. The dam can be used for concrete, linoleum, tile or other hard surface flooring.
Power Cutout Module
The Power Cutout Module is specific to the WDS model; electric, oil fired/spark ignition, or standing pilot. Standing pilot units are used to interrupt the thermocouple, and they are available in right-hand threaded and left-hand threaded models.
Provides power to the system; plugs into a standard 120v AC wall outlet and is wired using Standard thermostat cables.
No information available at this time. Feel free to contact us for further information.