FloodStop for Icemaker/Water Filter FS 1/4-C v4 (Lead Free) FS 1/4-C v4
- Comparison / Tutorials
- Manuals / Downloads
Prevent flooding from Water Filter or Icemaker:
Water Filter and Icemaker components are small and break easily. Water-line breaks develop from movement, accidental bumping and simple vibration. In many cases a crack in the water-line grows from simple vibrations, eventually and unexpectedly rupturing, and then flooding the property. Whether at home, at work, or on vacation these flooding events can go undetected for hours or even days.
FloodStop (FS 1/4-C) automatically shuts off the water supply to the Icemaker or Water Filter and sounds an alarm, leaving all other household fixtures and appliances operational. Easily installed in ten minutes. Powered by AC adapter/Transformer and 4 AA Batteries as a battery backup in case of a power outage, or the batteries may serve as the sole power source if there’s no nearby electrical outlet to utilize the transformer. The controller will beep to alert you of low or no batteries. 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
How FloodStop (FS 1/4-C) Works:
- The FloodStop valve is connected directly to the angle stop valve
- The inlet end of the FloodStop valve has a spinning female compression threaded collar/union
- Spin the FloodStop valve's compression threaded collar/union onto the preexisting angle-stop valve
- Connect supply line to the outlet end of the FloodStop valve (same as to angle-stop valve)
- Water/leak sensor is placed at the base of the appliance (Icemaker/Refrigerator – Water Filter – etc.)
- Valve stays open until water loss is detected
- Water on sensor closes FloodStop valve and sounds alarm
- Valve stays closed until problem is attended to and system is reset
- UL listed class 2 wall adaptor, 115AC/9VDC
- UPC listed Full‐Port Motorized Ball Valve: CNC machined.
- Motor operates at 6VDC.
- Signal Output: 1 Normally Open, 24 Volt / 2 amp rated
- Motorized Ball Valve: CNC machined with compression fittings.
- Rated 0‐180 PSI. Max 250 PSI. Solid brass. AB1953, UPC, CUPC, NSF61 cert.
- Rated 32‐212 degrees F
- Sensor: 1.25 X 7.5 inch, double sided. Additional sensors may be added in series.
- Alarm: Beeping with Mute button.
- Wire Lengths : valve to control box approx. 2 1/2', valve to sensor approx 7', power supply 5 1/2'
FloodStop (FS 1/4-C) Components:
- Motorized Ball Valve (1/4 inch Compression Fitting)
- Control Unit (with Battery Backup 4 X AA Size)
- Water/Leak Sensor (1.25” X 7.5”)
- AC/DC Power Adaptor (or use 4 X AA Batteries as Primary Power Source)
- Output Contact Wires (2)