Valvin for Toilet Tank Leaks
- Also Bought
The Valvin V100L is designed specifically for detecting and preventing tank related leaks and comes with a leak sensor mounted to the Valvin fill valve. These preventable leaks can be from a variety of causes:
- A stuck open flapper caused by a bound up chain or stuck down flush handle (will waste about 200 gallons per hour).
- A small flapper leak due to a deteriorating flapper will start as small reoccurring leak, but over time with further deterioration the frequency of the tank being topped off will increase the volume of water loss indefinitely.
- A leaking fill valve will constantly introduce water to an already full tank, which goes to drain unabated.
When a leak is detected, the Valvin’s controller will indicate what type of leak was detected by lighting the colored LED specific to the type of leak. The Valvin is easily reset by the push of a button to re-open the fill valve allowing the tank to refill. Once the leak is detected the property owner would determine the root cause of the leak and attend to it when time permitted. In the case of a leak being discovered by a renter, they would ideally report the event allowing the root cause of the leak to be addressed and resolved by the property management company sooner than later. But even if a property owner or resident/tenant is slow to deal with or report a leaking event, any subsequent leaks detected will be attended to by the Valvin by shutting off the water (until reset again). The V100L also has a “Hospitality” mode, which allows the controller to identify the leak, but will not shut the water supply off. This feature is suitable for applications where no interruption of water is desired, but the housekeeper or resident would see the LED and report such at that time.
The V100L controller attaches easily onto the side of the toilet tank and is powered by a standard 9 volt alkaline battery. The controller’s Red LED will light if the battery is getting low and needs replacing. Battery Life: V100L is about 2 years.
Valvin V100L is the smart fill valve that gives the tank style toilet a brain that will stop a toilet bowl from leaking. You never know when a toilet will be the cause of significant water loss. Such water loss can be costly and even more costly when numerous toilets are being considered.
Note that in the event of a stuck open flapper event combined with the toilet being clogged, an overflow will go on endlessly until someone discovers the problem and gets the flapper to fall back into place. In such events the V100L will shut off the water supply and prevent a continuous overflowing event that would otherwise flood a home or workplace.
- Alerts and stops silent Flapper leaks
- Alerts and stops open Flapper leaks
- Alerts and stops fill valve leaks
- Alerts and stops tank leaks
- Alerts and stops toilet tank overflows
- Controller hangs on Tank
- Powered by a single 9V battery
- Works with single flapper or dual flush toilets
- Conserves, saves water and money
- Optional setting for detection
- Material: ABS, PP, SS
- Cable material: Silicone
- Rubber material: EPDM
- Electronic components: Silicone sealed
- Electronic components are Rohs compliant
- Fill valve Inlet thread: G15/16''
- Fill valve cycles: 75,000+ • Adjustable height: 8-11''
- Water pressure: 0.015-1.6Mpa
- Water filling rate: 4.7L /minute
- Battery: 9V (Not included)
- Battery life: 2 years
- Water proof labels
- UPC & cUPC Cert.
- Patented in US and China
No information available at this time. Feel free to contact us for further information.