FloodStop for Water Heater/Whole House FS 3/4-C v4 (Lead Free)
- Manuals / Downloads
Water Heaters have a limited life, then leak after years of corrosion. Water Heaters are generally considered a maintenance-free appliance, but they are also one of the single most damaging appliances in the home. Because Water Heaters are continually under pressure, even small pressurized leaks can quickly flood and devastate a home. Whether at home, at work, or on vacation these flooding events can go undetected for hours or even days.
The FloodStop (FS 3/4-C) kit automatically shuts off the water supply to the Water Heater and sounds an alarm, leaving all other household fixtures and appliances operational. Powered by AC adapter/Transformer and 4 AA Batteries as a battery backup in case of a power outage, or the batteries may serve as the sole power source if there’s no nearby electrical outlet to utilize the transformer. The controller will beep to alert you of low or no batteries. The controller has "one" output contact (normally open) that can be connected to an Alarm, Home Automation or Auto-Dialer systems if desired. Easily installed in fifteen minutes. 1-year manufacturer's warranty.
The FloodStop Water Heater models can also be used on main water supply for the whole house as long as the size of the FloodStop is equal to or greater than the size of your main supply. Additional Sensors can be added by wiring one sensor to another in a chain format. There is no max # of sensors; however you will want to use a larger gauge (20AWG or larger) if splicing more than 50 feet to the furthest sensor.
How FloodStop (FS 3/4-C) Works:
- The FloodStop valve is installed between the Water Heater and its manual shutoff valve.
- Water/leak sensor is placed at the base of the Water Heater
- Valve stays open until water loss is detected
- Water on sensor closes FloodStop valve and sounds alarm
- Valve stays closed until problem is attended to and system is reset
- UL listed class 2 wall adaptor, 115AC/9VDC
- UPC listed Full‐Port Motorized Ball Valve: CNC machined.
- Motor operates at 6VDC.
- Signal Output: 1 Normally Open, 24 Volt / 2 amp rated
- Motorized Ball Valve: CNC machined with MIP X FIP.
- Rated 0‐180 PSI. Max 250 PSI. Solid brass. AB1953, UPC, CUPC, NSF61 cert.
- Rated 32‐212 degrees F
- Sensor: 1.25 X 7.5 inch, double sided. Additional sensors may be added in series.
- Alarm: Beeping with Mute button.
- Wire Lengths : valve to control box approx. 2 1/2', valve to sensor approx 7', power supply 5 1/2'
FloodStop (FS 3/4-C) Components:
- Motorized Full-Port Ball Valve (3/4 inch pipe Compression fittings)
- Control Unit
- Water/Leak Sensor (1.25” X 7.5”)
- AC/DC Power Adaptor (or use 4 X AA Batteries as Primary Power Source)
- Output Contact Wires (2)
- Specification Sheet
- Output Contact Wires (2)